Friday, July 08, 2005

Update, because it's been a bit.

I've received my fire performer card renewal and we're planning a trip to NM in a week or so... I wonder if my card does me any good out of state? I'm a registered performer with the Nevada Fire Marshal, but does that do me squat outside of Nevada? Hmmmm. I would like to have footage at White Sands, and there's a few other spots I wouldn't mind shooting some video at as well. It will probably have to be sans the fire, but I will definitely have to see what I can get away with.

In other news, it looks as though I will be performing with fire this year at faire, the troupe will be on the main stage at points too, I'm pushing to do fire up there as well. I've been working on choreography for the bellydance/fire poi fusion thing, but as of now it's all freestyle. Still must work on the courage thing, once I light up my technique goes out the window. So lately I've been swinging the poi around while doing my basic practice sessions in dance, getting that muscle-memory fine-tuned and all that jazz.

No comments: