Monday, April 04, 2005

isolations

I have been trying to get isolations for months and months, and no one has been able to tell me how to do them. I have searched forums, the internet and asked friends but the best I could get was that you, "just find them". Even my friend Matthew, who is *excellent* at teaching moves couldn't seem to explain it to me. Well, I "just found them" tonight. I stink, and I have a long way to go, but I have found the concept, and dangit I think it actually *can* be explained.

What I "found" tonight:
If you take a reverse butterfly and pull the circles away from each other out and up, but stop controlling the strings, jut let the poi swing from it's own momentum, you will feel the beginning of what isolations feel like. Now try this concept with a buzzsaw. Start a buzzsaw, then stop "trying" to do the trick, just let go and let the poi's momentum take over. Then start to move your hands "around" the balls. I could be wrong on some of this, I just discovered the sensation a few minutes ago after trying (again) for several hours to find it. But it's what I have to go on so far, and I just wanted to document it.

Dang these are cool!

No comments: