Wednesday, March 23, 2005

so. yeah.

Lest I forget why I'm happily skipping away from this job... I work as safety under a guy who drops his lit fire props on the stage during a show, then after fire is cut *still* manages to cause safety issues by shattering the plastic glo-poi leaving bits of plastic for the barefoot dancers to step on. And does all this without really showing much concern or remorse. We *knew* it was just a matter of time before he would hit the casket with the poi. I am SO grateful that it was after the fire was already cut, and it was just glo-poi. And I really think he's clueless as to why folks are upset with him. The dropping of fire and the shattering of plastic are really just the bigger issues, when we still had fire breathing he would get slippery wax all over the stage, he uses a match to light the torches, and apparently just throws the match down onto the stage when he's done with it. I could go on and on, but the point here is that he does this to himself. If he was more careful and more aware of what to do and what *not* to do, he wouldn't be having the problems that he's currently having.

Notice was given at the perfect time, had we waited it would have seemed as though it was only because of his screw-ups...now it comes across as more of, "I told you so." Heh.

No comments: